BA (Hons) Marketing - Digital Media and Cloud Computing
The BA (Hons) in Marketing (Digital Media and Cloud Computing) is a specialised and innovative programme, which has been created to meet the needs of learners who seek to develop their knowledge and appreciation of concepts and frameworks of marketing with digital media at BA level. The programme is academically challenging and the course features a range of Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing subjects in which learners will be exposed to the latest cutting edge ideas, techniques and marketing frameworks through the analysis of industry best practice. The BA (Hons) in Marketing (Digital Media and Cloud Computing) is aimed towards students interested in building a career in Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing within a technological skill base. Industry research indicates that there is an increasing demand from companies in this area and this degree provides these capabilities. The programme will develop in learners both knowledge and practical experience of Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing concepts. This programme, therefore, represents a rare opportunity for learners to shape their career paths in this exciting arena.
Key Features of the Programme
• The programme will inform learners understanding of the industry and help them gain the skills needed to secure exciting Marketing with Digital Media roles with leading brands and agencies around the world
• Cloud Computing incorporated into the programme will assist learners in adapting their skills in a dynamic Digital Marketing environment
• The programme format will allow for a stimulating learning environment bringing together a faculty of experts and leaders in Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing
• Each year of study is intended to expand the learner’s knowledge and understanding of Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of the programme students should have acquired the skills to:
• Evaluate the components of Marketing with Digital Media and competently integrate complex ideas and theories.
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of Cloud Computing in Marketing within a Digital Media environment.
• Demonstrate skills and competencies in building applications and the use of Cloud Platforms to deploy them in the Cloud.
• Be able to communicate and manage skills required to successfully work within projects & have gained the ability to function effectively as an individual and in project teams.
• Have an appreciation of the rapidly evolving Marketing with Digital Media industry by developing their life-long learning skills. Have an understanding of the changing face of Marketing with Digital Media and Cloud Computing in relation to both acceleration in the use and development of technology, and its impact amongst organisations and on society.
All classes will be delivered online.
The minimum entry requirements for the BA (Hons) in Marketing are:
• Leaving Certificate – Applicants must obtain a minimum of 2H5s and 4 O6s/H7s, to include Mathematics and English or another language, or
• FETAC – A full Level 5 FETAC Award (i.e. 8 modules) with at least 3 distinctions, or
• A-Levels / GCSE – Applicants must obtain a minimum of 4 GCSE passes at grade C to include Mathematics and English or another language, plus 2 A-Level passes at grade C or higher, or
• BTEC – Applicants must obtain a minimum of a BTEC National Diploma in a cognate area.
• For applicants whose first language is not English and who have not previously undertaken a degree taught through English, evidence must be provided of proficiency in English language equivalent to B2+ or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). This must be evidenced through a recognised English Language test such as IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, PTE or DBS English Assessment. Test certificates should be dated within the last two years to be considered valid.
All EU nationals aged 23 years before 1st of January in the year of application are classified as ‘mature applicants’. Mature learners can apply directly to the college and will be assessed on basis of age, work experience and educational attainment as outlined in the DBS Quality Assurance Handbook (QAH).