The BA (Hons) in Business (Information Systems) degree programme incorporates a balanced mix of specialised business modules, geared toward students who, whilst wishing to study for a general business degree, choose to focus especially on the Information System component throughout the duration of their studies This programme offers an exciting mix of key technology and business skills; essential for the modern IS Professional. This unique combination ensures that graduates are work-ready with relevant technical skills and business knowledge.
* Please note that this programme is undergoing a programmatic review in 2019. This may result in some module title changes. This will be confirmed in the coming weeks. This is an important process to ensure the content is updated and relevant.
Aims & Objectives
The overall aim of the BA (Hons) in Business (Information Systems) is to provide students with an integrated, balanced and flexible business education.
On completion of the programme students should be able to:
• Understand a range of business functions and the multi-disciplinary nature of business
• Apply appropriate academic theories and concepts to a range of business and management issues
• Demonstrate a range of skills required by managers
• Understand the influence of the international context of business and management
• Have an insight into the importance of the Information Systems within organisations and to appreciate these various skills within organisations