BA (Hons) in Business - Project Management
(Direct Application to College)
The BA (Hons) in Business programme is designed to give a clearly structured business education that provides a solid foundation for success in a business career. The course provides a strong grounding in fundamental business concepts, ideas, practices and methodologies.
The Project Management programme incorporates a balanced mix of specialised business management modules, aimed at students who, whilst wishing to study for a general business management degree, choose to focus especially on Project Management throughout the duration of their studies. The programme deals comprehensively with modern business management concepts whilst exploring the social, organisational, behavioural, and systems issues of project management and the provision of a framework for managing projects. Upon completion of this programme, students will be in a position to undertake postgraduate study within either the general business or more specific project management arena.
Aims and Objectives
The overall aim of the BA (Hons) Business (Project Management Stream) is to provide students with an integrated, balanced and flexible business education.
On completion of the programme students should be able to:
• Understand a range of business functions and the multi-disciplinary nature of the business
• Apply appropriate academic theories and concepts to a range of business and management issues.
• Demonstrate a range of skills required by managers
• Understand the influence of the international context of business and management
• Evaluate the importance of effective management of he project life cycle
• Analyse methods, tools and techniques for planning monitoring and controlling projects and for managing risk
• Analyse the skills and competencies required of the project manager and project team.