Master of Science (MSc) in Marketing
Aims of the Programme
The aim of the MSc in Marketing is to enhance the prospects of its graduates in the job markets and enable them to obtain entry into a variety of roles ranging from junior executive to senior marketing positions in a range of organisations both nationally and internationally. The programme is at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications and with the combination of taught and research stage, it provides added value for both learners and employers.The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Key features include:
• It is delivered in small class groups which support individual learning needs
• It offers a highly supportive environment in which to learn
• It takes global perspective
• Module content is strategic in nature and directly relates to the business world
• Delivery balances contemporary theory and practice
• A rigorous scientific research approach is applied throughout the programme
• Authentic assessment strategies are employed
Who is the Programme aimed at?
The MSc in Marketing is a programme which has been purposely created to meet the needs of recently qualified business or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice, and who aspire to pursuing challenging senior career opportunities in the marketing profession. In today’s maturing and competitive marketing landscape, this MSc in Marketing will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions.
The minimum entry requirements for the MSc in Marketing are:
• A minimum Second Class Honours Degree (2.2) in a Level 8 Business degree from a recognised third level institution or
• An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
• If an individual holds a non‐business Level 8 degree but has three years marketing experience, they may also be considered
• For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent).