There are endless benefits when it comes to joining Clubs & Societies at DBS. From making new friends and learning to skills, to maintaining a healthy life balance and standing out from the crowd when it comes to employability. Here are DBS, we’re firm believers that happy, healthy students do better in their studies. That’s why we provide a wide variety of Clubs and Societies to suit everyone, no matter what their interests are.
We know it can be tough to decide which Clubs and Societies to join, so we’ve put together a short list to give you a flavour of what we have to offer.
1. Martial Arts & Self Defence Society: Stay active and learn some fantastic lifelong skills with this combination of various sports, including judo, karate, and kendo. Originating chiefly in Japan, Korea, and China, these forms of self-defence are sure to leave you feeling ready to take on the world!
2. GoKarting Club: Whether you’re a first timer or an experienced racer, the DBS GoKarting club is for you! Join your fellow speed lovers and take on some of the best karting tracks in Ireland.
3. Coffee Club: Get together with likeminded coffee lovers and enjoy some of the best coffee Dublin has to offer. New friends & a hot cuppa, what more could you want?
4. The Surf Society: This year’s Surf society organised a number of unforgettable trips, perhaps most memorable was the trip to Lahinch, in County Clare. Over 50 students travelled to the west for a trip they surely wouldn’t forget. The surf society continues to grow in popularity and has now established itself as a must for all DBS students.
5. Banter Society: If you are simply looking for a bit of banter and a good time, this society does exactly what it says on the tin! Come as a stranger, leave as a friend.
Click here to see our full list of Clubs and Societies at DBS. Don’t see your favourite sport or activity? Contact Adam Crowther in the Student Services department to organise setting one up!