Dublin Business School and the Irish Pharmacy Union have joined forces to create a unique partnership with a new Executive Diploma in Strategic Pharmacy Business Management.
Dublin, Ireland (May 15, 2019) – Dublin Business School (DBS) and the Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU) have joined together to offer IPU members the opportunity to upskill with an Executive Diploma in Strategic Pharmacy Business Management. This innovative programme can help IPU members to learn the skills required to succeed in the field of pharmacy, while dealing with the challenges and pressures that the sector is currently under.
The primary objective of this programme is to build and enhance the retail business capability of pharmacists and business owners as part of both the IPU’s and independent pharmacy strategic objectives for 2020 and into the future.
There are a number of key objectives of the programme:
- Learn to critically evaluate and review relevant theories, concepts, frameworks, models and key issues in the field of pharmacy retail strategy.
- Provide an overview of consumer’s decision-making processes, the influences upon consumers’ behaviour and their implications for marketing.
- Equip learners with an understanding of how market environments affect organisations marketing strategies.
- Assist learners to understand the fundamentals of organisational behaviour.
- Develop skills to interpret retail data and express its value visually through the use of case studies and datasets.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the obligations and limitations imposed by the law on the operation of a retail business.
- Provide a framework from which students can analyse the issues involved in applied management practice through a retail business simulation.
- Explore how procurement and supply chain management can add value, enhance organisational performance and be a source of sustainable competitive advantage to a retail organisation.
- Provide learners’ with an understanding of the core objectives of financial management.
The programme will run 2 days per month, over a six month period. More information about the course can be found here.
For further press information, please contact Cliona O’Beirne, Marketing and Admissions Director at DBS on (01) 4177500 or email Cliona.OBeirne@dbs.ie.
ABOUT Dublin Business School (DBS)
Dublin Business School (DBS) is Ireland’s largest independent higher education and professional training institution. As Ireland’s largest independent third level college with over 9,000 students, it has the potential to deliver over 100 accredited courses in the areas of business, accounting, marketing, IT, psychology, social science, computing, digital media, law and many more.
DBS is part of Kaplan, Inc., the education division of The Graham Holdings Company. Kaplan, Inc. is a leading international provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools, and businesses. Kaplan serves students of all ages through a wide array of offerings including higher education, test preparation, professional training, and programs for kids in grades K through 12. Kaplan is a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) and its largest division. For more information, please visit www.kaplan.com.