Our facilities are among the best, with more than €100 million invested in creating one of Ireland's biggest and best learning environments - part of our commitment to providing an excellent student experience.
We have created outstanding learning environments for teaching, including state-of-the-art laboratories, workshops and modern lecture theatres. We've also added brand new spaces where you can relax, drink and eat with friends. Our Castle House building is the latest of our new buildings. The opening of the new premises represents a strategic and well timed move for Ireland’s largest and leading independent college and more importantly underlines the commitment of Kaplan a global education provider to the Higher Education sector in Ireland. DBS is a subsidiary of the international Kaplan, Inc, the educational division of the Washington Post group.
Castle House is a 35,000 square foot facility incorporating state of the art classrooms, IT labs, various student break out and social areas, teaching and administration offices and meeting areas spread over four floors.
Speaking at the official Opening, An Tánaiste, Mary Coughlan said, “I am very pleased to open this fine new third level educational facility in Castle House, developed by Dublin Business School. I wish to congratulate Dublin Business School and its parent company Kaplan for investing in this major expansion in its city based campus at this important and challenging time for the country. It is indeed a most reassuring expression of confidence in our economy at this time by a global company of the scale and reputation of Kaplan. This multi-million euro development here in the heart of Dublin is a substantial investment in our economy and in the provision of advanced learning facilities for your students.”
All students at DBS have access to an extensive range of networked computer facilities on campus, which are constantly upgraded to incorporate the latest computing technology. We have 8 computer labs which have are all upgraded to the latest Operating Windows 7. We also use Apple Mac’s for our Film and Media courses. We also provide wireless access throughout all of our buildings.
Every computer within the college has access to some of the most up to date programmes available including use of the following software:
- Office 2007 suite
- 17 Simulation software
- Film & Media software, CS5( Photoshop 5)
- Accounting systems
- Web development and programming applications (CS5)
- Internal and external email facilities
- Access to internet
We provide a wide range of online access for students for the following services:
– each student has access to MYDBS.ie
– We use the most recent version of Moodle which includes features such as a message wall and chat area between students and lecturers. It is also integrated with other student systems and is accessible through a free app on smart phones.
– Up to date timetables can be viewed for all courses on the student intranet. Live timetable displays are also located in key communal areas of the college.
– can be accessed online
– Offers a wide range of student services, including information regarding Accommodation, Exams and further study options
IT Support Online
– Our new student webform has been launched to support students through a ticketing system to allow quick and efficient technical support when students require it.