BA (Hons) in Business (Cloud Computing)
CAO Code: DB526
The Cloud Computing pathway of the BA (Hons) Business provides learners with the knowledge and technical abilities to provide optional cloud-based solutions to a variety of business scenarios. Each level builds a combination of business and technical skills. More and more companies are moving their IT systems to the cloud, and many of those businesses are exploring how to get the most out of these new models. Moving to cloud computing may reduce the cost of managing and maintaining IT systems, even though it’s unlikely for most companies to have 100% of their architecture in the cloud, the percentage of IT systems that is cloud-based is reaching critical mass. Cloud computing execution and implementation in various business applications demands highly trained individuals to ensure continued service. There are challenges and benefits involved in the process of migrating business applications to a cloud platform but with the right support the benefits easily overcome the challenges. Cloud technologies can bring businesses a variety of new concepts and business opportunities during this process, typically on sharing computing resources rather than having local servers or personal devices to handle applications.
Aims & Objectives
The programme aims to create a well-rounded business graduate whose insights will guide and inform strategic business decisions designed to increase productivity, profitability and an organisation’s value and market share.
The specific programme objectives are to:
- Provide learners with a strong base of contemporary business knowledge through theory, concepts and methods constituting an in‐depth academic grounding in the core disciplines and skills, and related areas, required for a career in general business.
- Imbue learners with appropriate expertise in the major aspects of the essential business disciplines and an awareness of the means by which the frontiers of the disciplines can be expanded and new knowledge appraised.
- Develop in learners a methodical and rational approach to business problem solving and decision making, with the capability to apply acquired knowledge and skills to practical business situations.
- Develop in learners a range of intellectual skills, encompassing reasoning and evaluative skills and communication skills that develop as fully as possible their interpersonal abilities.
- Develop learner capacity to organise information, argue, negotiate and defend conclusions and to present them in a clear and coherent fashion.
- Encourage learners to deal with knowledge in a critical and analytical way, with the capacity and confidence to evaluate ideas and opinions underpinned by qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Provide learners with the opportunity to specialise in a sub‐field of business learning and to increase their knowledge and skills in the specialised area of Cloud Computing.