|Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) - formerly Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC)
|Level 8 (Honours Bachelor Degree)
|Title of Award:
|BA (Hons) in Business Studies
||4 years, 2 evenings per week
The BA (Hons) in Business Studies (Project Management) degree programme incorporates a balanced mix of specialised business modules, aimed at students who, whilst wishing to study for a general business degree, choose to focus especially on Project Management throughout the duration of their studies. The programme deals comprehensively with modern business concepts whilst exploring the social, organisational, behavioural, and systems issues of project management and the provision of a framework for managing projects. Upon completion of this programme, students will be in a position to undertake postgraduate study within either the general business or more specific Project Management arena.
Aims & Objectives
The overall aim of the BA (Hons) in Business Studies (Project Management) is to provide students with an integrated, balanced and flexible business education.
On completion of the programme students should be able to:
- Understand a range of business functions and the multi-disciplinary nature of business
- Apply appropriate academic theories and concepts to a range of business and management issues
- Demonstrate a range of skills required by managers
- Understand the influence of the international context of business and management
- Evaluate the importance of effective management of the project life cycle
- Analyse methods, tools and techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects and for managing risk
- Analyse the skills and competencies required of the project manager and project team
Level 1 is a foundation level, which is common to many of the College’s undergraduate degree programmes. The foundation level provides knowledge in the primary business disciplines, as well as developing the broad cognitive skills of students.
Level 2 builds on the foundation year by providing a blend of more advanced and specialised business and management modules to develop student knowledge, competence and skills in business and project management. These will provide students with the necessary underpinning for Level 3 specialisms.
Level 3 further advances student knowledge in business and project management areas and seeks to further develop an insight into the importance of Project Management techniques within organisations and an appreciation of the various critical issues and complexities facing project managers.