|Awarding Body: |
|Dublin Business School |
|1 evening per week, 6.15-9.30pm |
|February & October |
|Duration: ||February: 17 weeks part-time (Intensive) |
October: 1 year part-time
|Award Type: ||Certificate of Completion |
View Autumn 2016 Timetable here
Those working in or managing a busy office environment are involved in and are responsible for a wide range of activities. Their responsibilities include determining policy, setting targets and budgets, employing and controlling staff and ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to customers and other departments within the organisation.
Programme Aims and Objectives
Each module on this programme lays down fundamental principles designed to teach
participants the essentials of effective office management and administration. It aims to
provide students with:
- Key skills and knowledge transferable to any management position
- Understanding of how to improve workplace efficiency and increase job satisfaction
- An attention to the significance of marketing and sales functions
- Fundamental appreciation for Irish business and employment law.
- With the above competencies and ability participants will immediately become an important asset in the workplace and driver of productivity in the office.
This programme is divided into five modules and is designed to provide a practical grounding
in the knowledge and skills of office management and administration. Each module supports
the next, allowing participants with the potential to excel in an office environment.
To be awarded the Diploma in Office Management and Administration, a student will be
required to complete an in-class exam during each module (30%) and a written assignment at
the end of each module (70%).