BA (Hons) Business - Law
The BA (Hons) in Business (Law) degree programme incorporates a balanced mix of specialised business modules, geared toward students who, whilst wishing to study for a general business degree, choose to focus especially on the legal component throughout the duration of their studies.
Aims & Objectives
The overall aim of the BA (Hons) Business with Law is to provide students with an integrated, balanced and flexible business education and to enable them to develop the business, legal and personal skills required to establish them in their subsequent careers.
• To provide students with knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of business and the principles of subjects relating to many aspects of the business
• To develop and nurture in students, a methodical approach to analysis, problem solving and decision making.
• To provide opportunities for personal development
• To develop students' learning skills to meet the demands of postgraduate study
On completion of this programme students should have acquired the skills to:
• Demonstrate a foundation in the core areas of law that affect the functioning of a commercial environment
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the application and impact of the legal concepts that affect management and operational decisions from a national and EU perspective
• Understand a range of business functions and the multi-disciplinary nature of business
• Apply appropriate academic theories and concepts to a range of business and management issues
• Demonstrate a range of skills required by managers
• Understand the influence of the international context on legal decisions