In conjunction with Davy
|Awarding Body: |
|Dublin Business School in conjunction with Davy |
|1 evening per week, 6.15-8.30pm |
|October & February |
|12 weeks, part-time |
|Award Type: ||Certificate of Completion |
View Autumn 2016 Timetable here
This course aims to develop an understanding of the world of capital markets, investing and trading. The course commences with an introduction and in-depth look into the world of the stock market. Building on this, investment strategies, portfolio building, terminology and portfolio management are covered in detail.
Programme Aims and Objectives
On completion of the programme students should have acquired the skills to:
- Identify and understand the key macroeconomic and financial factors, which affect stock prices
- Develop the skills necessary to conduct effective research on publicly listed companies
- Familiarise students with market terminology and practices
- Understand the operation and mechanisms of both stock and derivative markets
- Understand and interpret key research data
- Develop a fundamental understanding of public companies, from both a technical and financial perspective.
To be awarded the Diploma in Investment and Capital Markets, a student will be required to
complete an individual assignment (40%) and end of course examination (60%).
Davy is Ireland’s leading provider of stockbroking, wealth management and financial advisory services. We offer a broad range of services to private clients, small businesses, corporations and institutional investors based in Ireland and internationally. Employing over 440 people Davy organises its activities around four interrelated business areas – Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Private Clients and Research. As the leading broker in the Irish market, we accounted for over 45 per cent of all dealings in Irish equities on the Irish Stock Exchange last year. Davy is the only Irish based primary dealer in Irish Government Bonds and acts as arranger on most Irish corporate bond issues. We act as broker to 45 companies listed on the Irish Stock Exchange, including 9 of the top 10 and 21 out of the 27 companies listed on the IEX (Ireland’s equivalent of AIM). Davy is responsible for circa 70 per cent of funds raised on the Irish Stock Exchange over the past few years. With circa €6.5 billion of clients’ assets under management we are the leading wealth manager in Ireland and have been consistently recognised by the world’s top names in financial services for the quality of our research and service.
Recent awards include:
- No. 1 Equity Research Team, Ireland – Institutional Investor All-Europe Research Team Survey 2011
- Top Brokerage for research and equity sales, Ireland – Thomson Reuters Extel Pan-European Survey 2010
- Ireland’s leading stockbroker in the Finance Stockbroking Survey 2009 – Davy won a total of 14 categories including half of the dozen awards for equities and the two main economic research awards.