N.B: This programme is now full. Applications are still open for our full-time ICT Skills programmes commencing in April 2017 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dublin Business School (DBS) in conjunction with Microsoft Ireland, their Partner Network and other relevant industry partners have developed an intensive Full and Part-Time Level 8 conversion award for a Postgraduate Higher Diploma in Science in Computing (Software Development). This programme is specifically designed to address the demand for graduates with ICT skills in areas including Software Development and Software Engineering.
Programme Aims & Objectives
Following completion of the Higher Diploma in Science in Computing (Software Development), participants will be able to:
• Design and build mobile applications using Google’s Android open-source platform
• Design, implement, test & document advanced Object-Oriented Programs
• Apply advanced data structures
• Construct event-driven Graphical User Interfaces
• Evaluate platforms in order to create, design and develop a server side web application with database integration
• Demonstrate proficiency in document mark-up languages particularly XML
• Develop Web-based applications using .NET framework and specifically ASP.NET
All QQI accredited programmes of education and training of 3 months or longer duration offered by Dublin Business School (DBS) are covered by arrangements under section 65 (4) (b) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 whereby in the event that DBS ceases to provide the programme, for any reason, after learners have started on that programme, Kaplan Inc., as guarantor, will refund the moneys most recently paid by or for the learner. More details are included in the terms and conditions of learner admission to DBS (http://www.dbs.ie/terms-and-conditions) and on programme handbooks provided at induction.