BA (Hons) in Business Information Systems with Cloud Computing
CAO Code: DB526
The BA (Hons) in Business Information Systems (Cloud Computing) degree is intended to educate and prepare students for employment in information systems or cloud computing. It will also provide students with a strong IT/IS knowledge, competence and skills in the technologies that underpin cloud computing. In relation to the specific skills requirement in the area of cloud computing, a report by Goodbody’s Economic Consultants identifies that ‘the greatest benefit of cloud computing is as a source of exports, growth and jobs for the Irish economy’. This report also identifies ‘the need for additional marketing, sales and technical staff with the relevant skills for cloud Computing, and a need for training for their current employees’
This programme will provide students with a solid understanding in the technologies and languages that are used to design and develop applications for the cloud. They will also understand the fundamental concepts and architecture of cloud computing. Students will develop key skills in the use and application of current cloud computing platforms and how they are used to deploy web and other client applications to the Cloud.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge and critical awareness in the primary business disciplines and in the general field of information systems and its related technologies
• Display and use transferable, real-world, skills in a variety of business contexts
• Develop and evaluate the effectiveness of computer applications as solutions to business problems
• Evaluate the wider social, political, ethical, legal and international business complexity and concerns raised by recent developments in cloud computing
• Demonstrate a high level of competence in using a wide range of IT hardware and software tools to an industry-level standard
• Analyse situations and devise practical solutions to complex business problems utilising cloud computing technologies and methodologies
• Demonstrate skills and competencies in building web and mobile applications and the use of cloud platforms to deploy them in the cloud.